JOE BIDEN'S GREAT. IT
In case you’re in the same pickle as me and don’t have a clue as to who should run for president in 2024, here’s the Washington Post’s complete Top 10 list of leading Democratic contenders, along with their major credentials.
10. J.B. Pritzker, Illinois governor.
9. Josh Shapiro, Pennsylvania governor.
8. Bernie Sanders, senator from Vermont, who was a contender for the Democratic nomination for president in the last election. Bernie’s 81.
7. Amy Klobuchar, U.S. senator from Minnesota.
6. Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan governor and target of a failed kidnapping plot by right-wing nut jobs.
5. Gavin Newsom, California governor.
4. Jared Polis, Colorado governor.
3. Kamala D. Harris, vice president of the United States and former California senator.
2. Pete Buttigieg, Biden’s secretary of transportation, formerly the 32nd mayor of South Bend, Indiana.
1. Joe Biden, president of the United States, former vice president and U.S. senator. His birthday is Nov. 20, 1942.
BRIAN C. JONES
I'VE BEEN a reporter and writer for 58 years, long enough to have learned that journalists don't know very much, although I've met some smart ones.
Mainly, what reporters know comes from asking other people questions and fretting about the answers.
This blog is a successor to one inspired by our dog, Phoebe, who was smart, sweet and the antithesis of Donald Trump. She died Feb. 3, and I don't see getting over that very soon.
Occasionally, I may try to reach her via cell phone.